top of page

道路付けのない土地。Land without roads.

























Reported byくぅ

This time, I’ll write about the history of the land.

If you go to the legal bureau that has jurisdiction over the land, you can apply for the “entry summary”, pay the fee for the prescribed procedure with a stamp, and get it.

This time, there is a property with the above shape, which is very interesting, so I’ll explain it.

The properties for sale this time are C and D.

The ground (type of land) was a kind of hybrid land, Zashchi, which I don’t hear much about now.

You can see that the land has been left as it is for a long time. Each old house was built, but the owners were the same.

Therefore, if you get this, it is said that the land and house surveyor will need to measure and say, “Bunhitsu, Bunhitsu”, and it will cost 1,000,000 yen lightly on the land that needs to be divided into two.

These two properties were “cheap”.

B is not on the road.

This was the “land” that the heirs “delivered” to the country through repeated inheritance.

Therefore, it is now the “land” of the country.

In this way, Japan has a high “inheritance tax”, so you can divide the land and pay the inheritance tax on the “land” instead of the “money” to the country.

Returning to the story, the land of C and D is the “land” that can go out on the road unless it goes through the land of A even though it goes out to the road.

A real estate agent explained that the owner of A’s land was an elderly person.

However, when I read the register, the land was gifted alive and became the shared name of the two heirs.

Therefore, for the time being, it can be seen that there is no “payment” of part of the land under the inheritance tax.

Then, what is good about the land of C and D?

It seems that the land of A, B, C, D was originally a wide land.

What I browsed was a register up to 1958 (Showa 33), so I will request a register of the original form of “land” in the register that was older. In addition, there is a statement in Civil Code Article 210 that there is a “right of passage” in such land without road attachment.

If you read Articles 210 to 213 of the Civil Code carefully, you cannot pay a fee for “passage rights” or refuse a passage right.

In addition, a person with a right of passage can build a road on the land of A. However, the land is called the “ground right”, and it is only on the land, so it is not stipulated to pass underground water pipes.

Gas and water are provided by the business operators on public roads, but it is very difficult to install them on private roads or on the land of others.

Regarding “rights” to other people’s land, of course, you can also drive.

This “right of passage” can be set through discussions by asking the land, real estate and land building business operator.

In this way, Japan’s inheritance tax is very high.

Therefore, be sure to check the “cheap land” in the register carefully and do not regret it later.

This time, I talked about how to read the land registry and “passage rights” for land without roads.


bottom of page